NATIONWIDE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!
This role will start between January 2018 and September 2018.
Are you looking to become a leader in a global operation that has hundreds of leaders and thousands of employees? Would you like the challenge of delivering continuously improved customer experiences to over millions and millions of customers? Could you assume financial responsibility that impacts both the bottom line and shareholder expectations for a growing Fortune 100 corporation? If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon Operations as an Area Manager—opportunities nationwide!
Amazon is looking for college graduates with high potential, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations. We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style, while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have created the most customer-centric company on Earth.
As an Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to OWN YOUR IMPACT by leading and developing your own team of Amazon Associates in a distribution warehouse environment; your main focus will be motivating, mentoring and coaching your team. Engaging with your team during a shift to ensure that the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance performance and engagement are maintained are core functions of the role. As a servant leader, the Area Manager will ensure that their team of Associates have all the tools needed to succeed for any task during a shift. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
· Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
· Willingness to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
· Willingness to relocate nationwide at time of hire (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
· Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
Locations and Placement:
· The position will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other operations
· Locations are nationwide
· The position is not a corporate position based out of Seattle, WA
· Lead, manage and develop a team of 50 to 200 Amazon Associates
· Communicate policies to Associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
· Create, manage and support recognition and communication programs
· Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
· Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
· Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
· Develop performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
Job Elements (to be performed with or without accommodation)
· Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
· Walking in/ around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
· Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
• A completed Bachelor's Degree will be required prior to starting in role
• Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, General Management, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or a related field
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
• Adept at analytical work and the ability to motivate others in a deadline-driven environment
• The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
• Basic understanding of Lean and Six Sigma (Don’t know but anxious to learn? We’ll teach you!)
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal